3 basic steps for looking great this Summer season. Choose a swimsuit with the best fit. Find the right style – one that flatters and enhances your looks. A suitable silhouette can actually disguise figure problems. And last and most important – take proper care of your swimsuit to keep it looking bright and new.
What fit is best fit? Start with the basics of ‘FIT’:
1) Bra This must fit just under the bust, firm enough to support you.
2) Body Your swimsuit should be long enough to stay put when you walk. It will ride up if it is not long enough. Stand, sit, bend and walk to ensure that the suit is comfortable.
3) Legs Your swimsuit must fit comfortably right round each leg, cupping your bottom and not riding up.
4) Straps These must not cut in or sag.
5) Back, Crotch and Underarm If the suit cuts, bulges or rides up, try a different style or larger size. If it droops, try a smaller size.
Styles to suit your shape
Find the right style – one that flatters and enhances your looks. A suitable silhouette can actually disguise figure problems.
1) Long Body Choose styles with waist bust seams, high legs and low necklines to reduce body length. Avoid verticals.
2) Tummies Fool the eye with fabric or styling that pulls the eye away from the tummy. Look for styles that have front power net lining.
3) No Waist Look for styles that create an illusion of a waist. Try mitred vees, crossovers or central panels. Avoid plains or bikinis.
4) Small Bust Emphasizing contours will visually enhance the bust-line. Bold prints or colours will flatter. Avoid straight across bandeaux.
5) Large Hips Draw attention away from the hips to the top half of your body. Choose styles with bust details, vertical stripes or dark colours.
6) Short Body Vertical stripes or prints will make the body look longer. Lower necklines and plunging necklines will elongate the body.
7) Large Bust Pay attention to support, comfort coverage and details that will deflect the eye from the bust-line. Try underwires, cups, sweethearts and crossovers.
8) Large Sizes Strong bold prints will break up the body line. Vertical and mitered stripes, crossovers and skirts will help conceal. Use wide straps for support.