- 2 large firm apples, peeled and cored
- 1 tbsp currants
- 2 tbsp grated coconut (optional)
- ¼ cup dried figs, chopped
- ¼ cup coarsely ground almonds or sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoons liquid syrup, for example, maple, golden or dates syrup (optional)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup fresh apple juice
1. Place apples and currants in a food processor and grind them coarsely.
2. Mix well with coconut, figs, almonds, syrup, cinnamon and apple juice.
Serve as is, or with milk, for a fuller breakfast.