Those who love to decorate for Christmas can never have enough of Christmas trees. Why not head outdoors and give yourself a chance to decorate another Christmas tree – an Outdoor Christmas tree? It is a great way to keep things seasonal and festive even in your outdoor area. We bring you some tricks of the trade and creative ideas for decorating and displaying outdoor Christmas trees.
1. Choosing your outdoor tree is the first decision you need to make. If you have living fir, spruce or small pine trees in your garden, you can decorate them as your outdoor Christmas trees. If you don’t, pre-lit artificial trees are great for the purpose.
2. You can make your outdoors Christmassy by displaying outdoor trees just like you have done indoors. Use lights and plastic weather-resistant ribbons for the trees and wrap some empty boxes with colored cellophane or plastic wrap to display underneath. Add some plastic toys and you have a festive outdoor corner. Keep in mind that all decorations used need to be waterproof.
3. Wish the birds in your garden a ‘Merry Christmas’ by decorating an outdoor Christmas tree for the birds and giving them their much-needed winter feed. Decorate the tree with birdhouses and other themed ornaments and place bird-feeders and seeds on them. String dried fruit slices to make ornaments. Cover pinecones with suet and seeds. Make garlands using slices of dried fruits, berries or popcorn.
4. If you love light displays, you can buy Christmas tree frames or create your own using tomato cages and the lighting them up for a gorgeous night time display.
5. For those living in warmer areas that do not receive snowfall, flocking your outdoor tree will give a lovely effect.